Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thing 15

Screencasting is an extremely useful tool. We have a student who is out of school for 6 weeks and we have basically been treating her absence as a form of distance learning. At least for math, I have been treating it as an "online class" so she can keep up with her work at school. I have used a program called Camtasia to record myself teaching the lesson (audio only) and she can see the notes being written out on Windows Journal. This way, she can hear and "see" the lesson. It's been great so far - she has been able to keep up quite nicely and is able to progress without too many questions (meaning the video lessons seem to be clear enough for her to follow). I really liked Camtasia, but it was only a free 30 day download. Boo.... otherwise it costs $300 to purchase it. I'm excited to try out a couple of these other free programs.


Here is my screencast for this Thing! I don't know what's up with the audio. I sound like I had a mouth guard in while recording this! Oh well....

1 comment:

  1. Excellent winter fun tips. I cannot help but wonder if you would have such great examples if it were not for me!

    ReplyDelete