Saturday, March 13, 2010

Thing 20

The Slideshow I found was in the Most Popular of All time category:
THIRST
View more presentations from Jeff Brenman.

I liked this presentation because it was very simple - lots of graphics to keep the reader engaged and even though it had over 60 slides, it did not feel like a long presentation due to the visuals and lack of text on the slides.

I don't see a huge need for Slideshow in the classroom since a computer and the power point program are usually available to use, but if you wanted to upload a bunch of student powerpoints to one site for easier access, this would be the tool to use.

For use out of the classroom, this would be a great use if you needed to post a presentation for your students to access at home for more review.  I've actually never needed to post a power point presentation online (I usually just emailed them) and did not know that it was difficult to post on the web. 

I spent a lot of time for this Thing exploring Prezi and made my own presentation about the first four weeks of our 23 Things journey! It was pretty easy to use, but did take awhile to get used to.  Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Good slideshare. I had never seen it. BUT let me tell you that I am very impressed by your PREZI. Great job! Very creatively done. AND you embedded it. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed with how you did your slideshare. I am going to have to check out the prezi site. Once again you have outdone yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time I seen Prezi was at a conference. Steve Dembo (http://www.teach42.com/), a Discovery Education Speaker, incorporated it in his presentation. It is an impressive tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I hope you make a prezi(I'm getting hungry) for the rest of the 23 Things!

    ReplyDelete