Monday, February 22, 2010

Thing 12

I could play with some of these sites ALLLL day.  I tried to use Xtranormal to make a video, but the server kept timing out.  Moving on..... The next one I tried was BeFunky that allows you to add effects to your photos.   I liked the second one and the last picture made (the last one needs an upgraded subscription - hence the big fat logo in the middle of the picture).  Not sure of the social aspect of this tool, but it is fun to see the different effects you can do for just one picture.  Photofun anyone?


Another popular tool I've seen used already is Wordle.  You type/paste in a bunch of text and it creates a picture of the commonly used words.  The bigger the word, the higher the frequency that word appeared in your text.  The Ning I joined was discussing the use of Wordle in a math class.  It's a nice visual when you discuss the frequency of things occurring.  You can discuss words that have similar frequencies, greater or less, and I wonder if the actual measurement of the word (a word being 6 cm and another 12 cm) - does the longer word in fact show up twice as much?

Here is a project I made in Blabberize that makes your photos talk!



Now I don't speak Snowman but I think he's saying "RAARRR Saylor! I will avenge my snowman brother!"

The back story to this appeared in last week's edition of Snowman Chronicles:

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You did have fun with this thing! Love the talking snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! There are so many uses for these tools...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you teach me how to make a picture talk? I would love to do this for my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested in the tool you used to make the newspaper...I have uses for that tool!

    ReplyDelete