Monday, February 15, 2010

Thing 9

I've been a Picasa fan, but am enjoying Flickr so far.  I generally enjoy uploading my pictures to the internet as a safety net in case something happens to my computer.  When my last laptop gave me the blue screen of death and I wasn't sure if it would recover, I was kicking myself for not backing up my photos.  Well, my computer did recover and the first thing I did was upload my photos to a photo storage site and backed it up with an external hard drive.  However, the external hard drives have a shelf life too... so it seems the safest place is online!  Without the rolls of films to develop, my digital photos hardly get developed or shared as much as the hard copies did.  With sites like Picasa and Flickr, it's easy to share albums with others - I'm interested to see and explore the sharing aspect of Flickr.  

1 comment:

  1. If you think Flickr is fun...wait until you get to Thing 10...Mashups!

    ReplyDelete